Although iSTAR is gradually coming to an end, new insights into the workings of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet and its interactions with the ocean are still emerging from our four science projects. We expect yet more exciting discoveries from iSTAR to be announced in the next years, but we have started to look back over the first six years of iSTAR to highlight some of our findings. We hope you enjoy reading about our achievements in the short document below!
- Melt-rate of West Antarctic Ice Sheet highly sensitive to changes in ocean temperatures August 14, 2018
- Antarctic seals can help predict ice sheet melt May 15, 2018
- Joint UK-U.S. Antarctic programme to study future sea level rise April 30, 2018
- iSTAR Highlights: 2012-2018 April 27, 2018
- Maps reveal landscape beneath Antarctica’s weak underbelly November 20, 2017